Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Clitones

Language is a social construct. And as something that is constantly evolving and invented by humans, every now and then, you may find yourself taking part in history by being in a conversation where a word has been invented that may one day be a part of mainstream lexicon.

The other day, I was hanging out with a local blogger (who can comment to take credit) who used the Spanglish word "clitones". I have never heard of that Spanglish word before, therefore I will make the unsound assumption that its never been used before. Besides, the local blogger who used it made it up on the spot.

Clitones. Pronounced klee-ton-es, with some softness on the o and on the last e. Not pronounced like "tone", as in "the tone of this post is silly", but "clitones" like the word every Angeleno should have come across, or... will eventually, "cabrones".

Context in which it can be used: "Don't fall off that scooter wearing that short skirt, other wise you'll show everybody your clitones".

5 comments:

Love and Hate LA said...

is that a take on what i think it means and derives from?- the "clitoris" lol or is it another take on "chones" as in calzones or huevos?
im now confused...where is george lopez when we need him..lol

pearmama said...

Hahahahahahahaahha!

Joe Cornish said...

I was recently introduced to the noun nonstarter, as in "that statement is a nonstarter for a discussion."

I think it also means shut up.

Joe Cornish said...

Please do not misunderstand my previous post. I was not telling you to shut up. I would never say that to a diva!

MeekoRouse said...

LOL that conversation still gives me a giggle.. (and no I wasn't the one that came up with it.. not clever enough for that).