Monday, December 31, 2007

Where do I go to....get my hair done?

Whenever I get a hair cut, usually I just find a random friend willing to run scissors through my hair for free. This takes 2-5 seconds.

I recently wanted something different, so I went to Fandango in Silverlake to get my hair done [cut 5 inches, dyed it black, and got purple highlights].



Steven of Fandango


I had the good fortune of having Steven do my hair. He has good skills and a sense of aesthetics and intuition that I can trust and connect with. I was very indecisive about what exactly I wanted and he was somebody I could definitely trust to do something that I knew I would like. I have never had this connection with a hair stylist before.

For the shits'n giggles I asked him what was his strangest experience as a hair stylist, and he said it was the time he did Sharon Stone's hair at her house in San Francisco and he was locked in her crazy compound for four hours.

I am definitely going back.

Fandango
1601 Griffith Park Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Phone: (323) 663-6965

1 comment:

cindylu said...

I so need a dye job. I'm trying to go darker. I'm definitely not adventurous enough to try and go for some color. (I think it's more the upkeep that prevents me from doing that.)