Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What I've Been Eating Recently V


Espresso Beans!


A few years ago, I used to hear from a friend of mine about his addiction to espresso beans. I didn't know what they were, and I never saw them around before. And the concept of eating espresso beans was just confusing to me.

[apologetic prologue] One morning in Riverside, when the local mom'n pop coffee shop was closed (because it was like, 6:30 am), and I really needed a caffeine fix, the nearest open place where I could get coffee was my only option. -Starbucks. [/end apologetic prologue]

Anyway, I found these espresso beans covered in dark chocolate at Starbucks. This was the first time I have ever seen them before. I bought some to see what the big deal was.

It combines two of my favorite flavors... coffee and dark chocolate. Its simple in its combonation (merely, coffee beans dipped in dark chocolate) and they are unfortuately expensive. I think it was $6 for that bag. I can see how one can get a little addicted to them. So I hope to never buy a bag of these again because I have a bit of an addictive personality.

I then went to work and let my co-workers feast on them.

No comments: