Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Carlos


A few weeks ago, word in the neighborhood had it that Carlos Santana was playing his guitar on the rooftop of the Rosslyn. This is a classic example of of how my neighborhood can be so random and surreal. I am not much of a fan of Santana, but I do like more than dislike his music and I just had to check it out for the shits 'n giggles. Actually, one of the most stunning guitar performances I have ever seen (not in person) is his Soul Sacrifice at Woodstock, 1969. He looks like he is having one big long orgasm. I admire his intensity.




So I went up to the rooftop and it turns out that he was filming a video.









One of my favorite kinds of pictures to take are of people taking photos of people. In between takes, the film crew and extras were eating snacks, lounging, and taking photos.









I was able to sneak in a shot of him before I left...




No comments: